Carrageen Moss Irish
CARRAGEEN DRINK for sore throat/coughing
- Soaked 25g of in a bowl of cold water for 15 mins.
- Place soaked Moss in a pan with 600ml (1 pint) of water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins – the Carrageen / Irish Moss should break up into little pieces and the liquid thickens.
- Strain the liquid through a sieve, making sure you get all the liquid through the sieve with the spoon.
- Add sugar, lemon, honey to taste – to your own taste.
- Allow to cool and decant into a resealable jar/container.
- This will keep in the fridge for approx 1 week.
- Other flavors can be added to your own taste – ginger, vanilla essence, etc.
- Example of use